Monday 13 August 2012

Adebayor's signing will ease Transfer Window fears

I have received confirmation from a source close to the club that tomorrow there will be transfer activity at Tottenham. As anybody who has followed me on Twitter or read my blog, I'm not the type to write unfounded gossip so I have faith that this is a real likelihood.


With all the negotiating that has been going on between Spurs and Man City over the summer all signs point to the signing being Adebayor. What rules out the likes of Moutinho, Damiao, Remy and Lloris, amongst others, is two things; 1) Deals with foreign clubs regarding major signings very rarely slip under the radar of the media and barely a concrete peep has been heard with the above names and 2) Any of the above transfers would be dependant on the transfer money from the Modric sale. Because of the cost of improving the stadium, all purchases will be dependent on sales most likely.

With Adebayor, unlike the others who will come no cheaper than £14 million, the Togolose striker will come fairly cheap at a cut price deal of around £4 million with Mancini keen to rid of the wantaway striker. Wages have been an issue but the two clubs and player appear to have finally agreed a deal that suits all parties after months of uncertainty.

Many of us Spurs fans have been disappointed by the slow procedure of attaining a striker this transfer window and I'm sure quite a few were worrying that we'd be going into our opening game with Defoe and Kane to choose from, but if the signing of Adebayor does come to fruition tomorrow, the club will be in a great position heading in to the opening game.

Of course Ade has missed pre-season training at Spurs and may be slightly short of match practice, but unlike the other striking options mooted he comes into the squad with a good understanding of the style of play and last season formed a particularly strong partnership with Gareth Bale.

Like I said it's a source I trust and one that I have witnessed get the majority of transfer stories correct, so it looks like Adebayor will once again be pulling on the Lilywhite jersey. Does this excite you Spurs fans or are you still feeling apprehensive?

Follow me on Twitter: @Cjipps

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy enough, but I wonder if he will now play up and/or reduce his output now that he is on a contract - in which case I won't be a happy bunny

    ReplyDelete